Monday, May 08, 2006

Preakness field changing?

I just heard a report on Lexington Fox affiliate 10pm news announcing that Bluegrass Cat, Steppenwolfer and Jazil will all skip the Preakness and point to Belmont. Think Barbaro has scared them off? I hope he can prove he has the stamina as I think the sport needs a Triple Crown Winner. It would be a nice shot in the arm and the trainer has enough good karma to help polish up the sports reputation. I also heard Lawyer Ron had xrays and complete exam (maybe that is standard after a big race....I just don't know) but he sure started going backwards early and it didn't look like he had all that bad of a trip. I wonder if his racing schedule has caught up with him or if he is injured? He did not run like the same horse I saw at Oaklawn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right, they have all decided to forego the Preakness, and I find it irritating that horses will pass up the Preakness to get ready to ambush Barbaro in the Belmont. I agree that the game could use a Triple winner, and such sandbagging is in poor taste.