Saturday, August 05, 2006

Invasor...smile when you say that!

Invasor, trained by Kiaran McLaughlin and ridden by Fernando Jara, won the Whitney by a nose over Sun King and yours truly had a hedge $15 Win/Place bet that wound up paying out about $70 bucks so combine that with an exciting race on ESPN and a nice way to spend a little time in front of the tv! I thought this horse was a monster after the way he ran in the Suburban and he showed he could dig deep when called on....wow what a great race! Anyway, not that this photo has anything to do with anything but I really enjoy coming across Horse Racing history (especially from before 1960-those classic black and white photos) and I thought this picture of the great Nashua was a classic and somewhat similar to how I was laughing after the Whitney today!

1 comment:

t said...

Yeah, that is a fabulous pic. And I love Nashua. What a racehorse! Nice tag on the Whitney. I wish I could say my weekend was as profitable.