Friday, July 28, 2006

UPDATE #1: DRF/NTRA National Handicapping Qualifier

The plunge has been taken, I am signed up for the contest tomorrow at Keeneland. I am also armed with the DRF and my belly is full as they fed you at the track this evening when I signed up, all completely free which was a nice and unexpected perk. As soon as I get organized I will begin trying to find some nice prices to get me at least in the top 25 although I have no illusions or expectations but I gotta shot! Here are the contest tracks/races:(in case anyone wants to chime in with their picks, I am not heading out until Noon)
Full updates promised!

Keeneland Handicapping Challenge, Saturday, July 29, 2006
DRF/NTRA Handicapping Championship Qualifier

Contest Tracks, First Posts and Playable Races

Delaware Park (First Post 12:45 p.m. ET) Races 1 - 9

Saratoga (First Post 1:00 p.m. ET) Races 1 - 8

Woodbine (First Post 1:10 p.m. ET) Races 1 - 10

Ellis Park (First Post 1:40 p.m. ET) Races 1 - 9

Arlington Park (First Post 2:00 p.m. ET) Races 1 - 8

Players note: Although the contest tracks were selected due to favorable Saturday forecasts by weather.com, Friday’s weather may have an adverse effect on track conditions.

Mandatory Contest Races and Post Times

Saratoga 2nd Race (1:35 p.m. ET)

Delaware Park 6th Race (3:00 p.m. ET)

Arlington Park 5th Race (3:56 p.m. ET)

Ellis Park 7th Race (4:36 p.m. ET)

Saratoga 8th Race (5:12 p.m. ET)

Woodbine 10th Race (5:29 p.m. ET)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Joe! Can't be of help. Tourneys are still way out of my league -- and no Mountaineer races!

If you have time to stop at the library before the contest, see if they have Handicapping Contest Handbook: A Horseplayer's Guide to Handicapping Tournaments; it sounds pretty helpful.

John said...

Just a few things I would keep in mind. Prado has been riding some nice priced winners in the first few days at Saratoga and so has Leparoux, Julien rode a $70 winner yesterday. At Delaware in the eighth, Lezcano is named to ride Put Back the Shu, he has conflicting commitments at Monmouth, so should he show up at Delaware I would be on that horse. We'll be waiting to hear about how you do. . .

Anonymous said...

Well, if you're going to play the jockey angle, Dominguez has a bunch of rides at Saratoga today. Overbet at Delaware, but he's usually good for a bomb (or a juicy second if they let you play exactas in the contest) when he rides in New York.

Joe Danaher said...

thanks for everyone's help, I know I can (and will) use it!