Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Independent Thoughts

Like Patrick over at Pulling Hair, I cashed a nice ticket on Bushfire this past week-end and then went crazy on the 4th with a Pick 4 at Hollywood Park (something I had never played before) which I missed by one race when my selection finished second and that was on a $2 just pick 4 winners in 4 consective races ticket! Bizarre, near beginners-luck story of the year, but close again but no cigar! Well you gotta love Lava Man in the Hollywood Gold Cup and looks like Point Determined will run in the Swaps so another solid week-end of racing coming up, looks like this "second season" may prove to be a lot of FUN!

From the Random Notes Section:
Summer Reading: "Racing My Father" by Patrick Smithwick, great book, still about 100 pages to go but it has been great. Well worth the read with a lot of insight, especially from the jockey/trainer point of view.
Interesting websites: Thoroughbredia, a wikipedia-inspired site that some in the TBA might be interested in helping get going.
The Final Turn, has some great photo galleries and some thought provoking forums

Well, my daughter is riding in a horse show this week at the Kentucky Horse Park so my groom duties may prevent many posts but I will return!!!!

No comments: