Thursday, July 27, 2006

DRF/NTRA National Handicapping Qualifier

Probably a frivolous waste of $150 but who knows, maybe beginners luck will prevail! I am seriously considering entering this contest at Keeneland on Saturday.
THE CONTEST.
  • The contest will consist of twelve (12) different races from five racetracks simulcast at Keeneland Saturday, July 29, 2006.
  • Six (6) races will be mandatory races. The Handicapping Challenge Director will select the six (6) mandatory races. Each contestant must make selections in the six mandatory races or be disqualified from prize money.
  • Six (6) races will be optional races. The contestant will select the six (6) optional races from contest-eligible tracks being simulcast at Keeneland that day with a scheduled post time up to and including 5:45 p.m. (EDT)
  • The races are posted at Noon on 7/28 giving me ample time to overanalyze and screw this up!

    If any readers (those few of you) have ever entered a contest and have any words of wisdom (like save my money) let me know but I am thinking it might be a fun day, you get a buffet lunch for your effort and there are prizes for top 25 and drawings every hour for $100. The top 3 (and this would be a truly inspired and miraculous effort if I were to even dare to dream of getting in that company) go the National Handicapping Chapionships in Vegas in January. If I don't lose my nerve I am going out at lunch tomorrow and plop down my entry fee and commit myself to a Friday evening of handicapping!

4 comments:

Ruben Bailey said...

HAH!!

I am in my first handicapping tourney also this weekend. Sunday at Emerald.

Good luck!

Maybe I'll see in January at Bally's!

John said...

Seize the Day Joe. . . and good luck if you do!!

Joe Danaher said...

Thanks guys, I probably am in way over my head but you never know, even when you know, you never know!
Good luck on Sunday, Ruben--it would appear that great minds do think alike!

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»