Wednesday, June 07, 2006

138th running of the Belmont Stakes, June 10th, 2006

The field of 12 is set and post positions drawn. It has the making of an exciting race. I am a bit surprised Jazil is 10-1. SunRiver with Bejarano up at 4-1 may be my favorite and Deputy Glitters at 15-1 with Prado aboard may well be the live longshot, especially the way he is training lately and with Prado due for some good luck. Anyway you slice it, looks like there will be some value in this race too which only adds to the excitement. It is still a little early in the week yet and my analysis has been sparce (althought many who read my site and my selections may note that my analysis is always a bit sparce!) so no ticket worked out just yet. The field and info on the race can be found at the Belmont Stakes site
I think I have it worked out to head out to Keeneland for some simulcast wagering and a fun day checking out the renovations and enjoying the weather and the festivities surrounding the final leg of the Triple Crown.

I will be posting my ticket on Friday....after I check out my fellow TBA handicappers!

No comments: