Thursday, April 06, 2006

The night before Keeneland


T'was the night before Keeneland and all thru the house
All you could hear is the clicking of Joe’s logitech mouse.
Frantically combing the web for a tip
In hopes of hitting a superfecta over which he would flip.

When much to my crt stressed eyes did appear
a sure thing in the eighth named Gimmeabeer.
I knew right away this horse I had chose
with a wager to win right on his nose.

Soon visions of winning danced in my head
At odds of 50-1 I tossed in my bed.
And off in the distance I thought I could hear
Winner by a length its Gimmeabeer!

3 comments:

John said...

Very nice...

Let me guess, you have to take your daughter to the dentist tomorrow afternoon?

Joe Danaher said...

Hey John, actually it is Spring Break so if we are in town we always go to opening day and this year I have Grandstand seats both Fri-Sat! We usually plan the "dentist" on the Friday when one of the races is the Grade 1 steeplechase, the Royal Chase as we discovered that is something really cool to see in person so we will be headed back on 4/21. I am sure I will sneak away a couple of afternoons and check out last few races as well!

John said...

Hmm, a 50-1 shot in the 8th at Keeneland. Your poem was prophetic. Did you have Chin High?

Maybe you should quit the day job and start writing poetry for a living?