Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Cause to Believe--cheap and gray!


California Derby winner Cause to Believe, ridden by Russel Baze, trained by Jerry Hollendorfer, looks to be an addition to the Derby. He is being pointed to the April 8th Illinois Derby. I like this fella for two reasons, neither of which are very scientific. He was purchased as a 2 yr old in training for $30,000 (gotta love the rags to riches story line possibilities) and he is a gray! Might be worth keeping an eye on this newcomer.

2 comments:

Ronymaru. said...

I

John said...

I like him because he reminds me of Monarchos. Both are by Maria's Mon. One worry though, he hasn't beaten much and his next start is in the Illinois Derby where he might face My Golden Song and not much else. I'd like to see him in the SA Derby so we could get a real idea of how good he might be.