Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Dear Santa....

I have been a reasonably good guy this year and I would like to ask for some Christmas gifts for the beloved sport of Thoroughbred Racing:

1) Imagination for anyone whose job it is to promote the sport of Thoroughbred Racing
2) Healthier horses in 2007, strong bones and fewer missteps (whether that means Boniva or Wonder Bread or new Nike horse shoes)
3) Yours truly to hit some inspired exotic for 4 figures but only at the track and only on a live race I am playing. (I have hit for 3 figures but 4, now that would send me into a frenzied whooping and hollering to the point that I would probably trot onto the track and high five the jockey, slap the owner on the back and kiss the horse on the nose). Not that I would be wildly rich from such a score but I would at least be momentarily brilliant at the track....priceless!
4) TBA Bloggers who really kick some a$$ to get some National recognition and credit for spreading the word, keeping interest alive, not forgetting the past and being damn entertaining while doing it: John, Patrick, Alan, Tracey, Ruben, Sue, Brad And really most everyone else at the TBA as I enjoy their insight, commentary, and have learned much more than I ever would have scanning the mainstream media because these are true fans and students of the game. Sure they bring their point of view but they weave a great patchwork quilt of perspective on the sport. Whether it is a current event or a historical tidbit, you will find it all on the TBA
So Santa, see what you can do with my list and I will be sure to set out some milk and cookies for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May your wish list all come true and Santa leave you many big payoffs. The TBA is truly a great group.

John said...

Thanks for the nice mention; I like the idea of a Xmas wish list and may post one too. Have a merry Joe to you and all the Danaher girls